Anthony’s textbook of anatomy & physiology
AUTHOR : Patton, Kevin T.
CALL NO : QS4 P322a 2019
IMPRINT : St. Louis, Mo. : Elsevier, c2019
Just because A&P is complicated, doesn’t mean learning it has to be. Anthony’s Textbook of Anatomy & Physiology, 21st Edition uses reader-friendly writing, visually engaging content, and a wide range of teaching and learning support to ensure classroom success. Focusing on the unifying themes of structure and function and homeostasis, author Kevin Patton uses a very conversational and easy-to-follow narrative to guide you through difficult A&P material. The new edition of this two-semester text has been updated to ensure you have a better understanding of how the entire body works together. In addition, you can connect with the textbook through a number of free electronic resources, including , an electronic coloring book, 3D animations, and more!
- Conversational writing style at a 11.7 reading level (the lowest available for 2-semester A&P books) makes text engaging and easy to understand.
- Updated Genetics chapter includes important advancements in that field.
- Updated content on osmosis revised to make it more simple and accurate.
- More than 1,400 full-color photographs and drawings illustrate the most current scientific knowledge and bring difficult concepts to life. Includes a unique color key to show color scheme that is used consistently throughout the book (for example, bones are off white, enzymes are lime green, nucleus is purple).
- UNIQUE! Consistent unifying themes, such as the Big Picture and Cycle of Life sections in each chapter, help you comprehend the interrelation of body systems and how the structure and function of these change in relation to age and development.
- Numerous feature boxes including: Language of Science and Language of Medicine, Mechanisms of Disease, Health Matters, Diagnostic Study, FYI, Sport and Fitness, and Career Choices provide interesting and important sidebars to the main content.
- Quick Check Questions reinforce learning by prompting you to review what you’ve just read.
- Chapter outlines, chapter objectives and study tips begin each chapter.