Lippincott’s illustrated reviews : Physiology
CALL NO : QT18.2 P939L 2019
IMPRINT : Philadelphia, Pa. : Wolters Kluwer, c2019
Enhanced by a new chapter, new illustrations, and new Q&As, Lippincott ® Illustrated Reviews: Physiology, Second Edition brings physiology clearly into focus, telling the story of who we are; how we live; and, ultimately, how we die. By first identifying organ function and then showing how cells and tissues are designed to fulfill that function, this resource decodes physiology like no other text or review book. Tailored for ease of use and fast content absorption, the book’s outline format, visionary artwork, clinical applications, and unit review questions help students master the most essential concepts in physiology, making it perfect for classroom learning and test and boards preparation.
- A new chapter on erythropoiesis and blood gas transport provides critical information on this key topic.
- New content on the impact of normal aging on organ function brings the book thoroughly up to date.
- Review questions with explanations for each system help prepare students for course and board examinations.
- More than 600 annotated, full-color illustrations—including more than 20 new to this edition—guide readers step by step through complex processes.
- Overviews and Chapter Summaries set clear goals for topic mastery and reemphasize essential concepts in a coherent framework.
- Clinical Applications boxes and clinical images encourage readers to apply their knowledge, taking them from the classroom to the bedside.
- Margin Example Equation boxes and in-text boxes highlight memorable information and keep physiology in a real-world context.
- Five online animations explain complex concepts in a memorable way.
- A consistent outline format makes critical information easy to access and assimilate.
- Cross references and Infolinks to topics are keyed to page headers to expedite location and are also provided for topics in other books in the Lippincott ® Illustrated Reviews series to help students develop an interdisciplinary grasp of key concepts.
- Unit-review questions in board-review style test understanding of fundamental concepts as well as the students’ ability to draw connections among multiple organ systems.