Exercise physiology : integrating theory and application
CALL NO QT255 K89e 2021
AUTHOR Kraemer, William J., 1953-
IMPRINT Philadelphia, Pa. : Wolters Kluwer, c2021
Build the foundation of scientific knowledge and practical decision-making skills needed to excel in an exercise training career
Master the core concepts of exercise physiology and learn how to apply them to the real-world challenges of exercise training with Exercise Physiology: Integrating Theory and Application, Third Edition. Designed to connect theory to practice, this engaging, accessible text gives students a thorough understanding of how the body adapts to exercise and environmental stresses and how basic physiology informs practical decisions. This new edition expands the coverage of practical applications, extends on our growing scientific knowledge of exercise physiology, explores the topic of “Exercise is Medicine”, and offers more guidance on finding reliable research-based answers to real-life questions.
New content, as well as updated coverage of the endocrine system, applying research, nutritional support, and environmental effects make this the perfect resource to support the diverse case scenarios seen by personal trainers, strength coaches, fitness instructors, athletic trainers, and other exercise professionals.
- Chapter Objectives, Quick Review boxes, Did You Know? boxes, More to Explore boxes, and full-color illustrations help readers digest and retain key concepts.
- Case Studies, Expert View boxes, and Applying Research boxes offer firsthand opinions from experts on specific real-world issues, explain how to apply research findings in practice, and hone decision-making skills.
- Practical Questions from Students boxes answer frequently asked questions on topics that readers may find challenging and of interest.
- Review Questions at the end of each chapter give students a chance to assess and apply their knowledge through short-answer and critical thinking questions.
- Bonus online animations, videos, and interactive quiz bank bring physiological processes and practical applications to life and reinforce learning.