CALL NO QW504 F981 2022
IMPRINT Philadelphia : Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, c2022
[For MU Students and Staff can request here]
Defining the field of immunology for 40 years, Paul’s Fundamental Immunology continues to provide detailed, authoritative, up-to-date information that uniquely bridges the gap between basic immunology and the disease process. The fully revised 8th edition maintains the excellence established by Dr. William E. Paul, who passed away in 2015, and is now under new editorial leadership of Drs. Martin F. Flajnik, Nevil J. Singh, and Steven M. Holland. It’s an ideal reference and gold standard text for graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, basic and clinical immunologists, microbiologists and infectious disease physicians, and any physician treating diseases in which immunologic mechanisms play a role.
- Reflects the latest advances in the field, including current insights on immune system function, both basic and translational.
- Contains 50 chapters written by leaders in all subfields of immunology.
- Provides extensive coverage of the molecular biology that explains the dynamics underlying immune disorders and their treatment.
- Includes 10 entirely new chapters covering invertebrate and plant immunity, eosinophils, innate lymphoid cells, gamma/delta T cells, NKT and MAIT cells, immunometabolism, maternal-fetal immunology and more.
- Contains abundant full-color illustrations and tables that provide essential information at a glance.
- Features annual updates from the authors to the VST version, keeping you current with changes in this dynamic field from the experts.