Effective academic writing
CALL NO : PE1471 S263e v.1-3 2012
IMPRINT : New York : Oxford University Press, 2012.
Effective Academic Writing presents the writing modes and rhetorical devices students need to succeed in an academic setting.
- Level 1: The paragraph
- Level 2: The short essay
- Level 3: The researched essay
- Each unit features succinct, user friendly, self-contained lessons.
- Models of student essays enhance learners’ comprehension of writing modes.
- An extensive, yet structured writing task is included in every unit.
- Specific rhetorical focus and language focus points are presented and practised in each unit.
- At level 1, students review the structure of English sentences and learn about the mechanics of writing academic paragraphs. At level 2, they focus on the short essay, and at level 3, they are introduced to longer academic essays.