CALL NO : QD31.2 M266e 2017
IMPRINT : Boca Raton, Fla. : CRC Press, c2017
With clear explanations, real-world examples and updated questions and answers, the tenth edition of Environmental Chemistry emphasizes the concepts essential to the practice of environmental science, technology and chemistry while introducing the newest innovations in the field. The author follows the general format and organization popular in preceding editions, including an approach based upon the five environmental spheres and the relationship of environmental chemistry to the key concepts of sustainability, industrial ecology and green chemistry. This readily adaptable text has been revamped to emphasize important topics such as the world water crisis. It details global climate change to a greater degree than previous editions, underlining the importance of abundant renewable energy in minimizing human influences on climate.
Environmental Chemistry is designed for a wide range of graduate and undergraduate courses in environmental chemistry, environmental science and sustainability as well as serving as a general reference work for professionals in the environmental sciences and engineering.
- Presents a fully updated and expanded version of the most trusted and best-selling text for environmental chemistry
- Preserves the basic format with appropriate updates and a sharper focus on the subject, going directly into environmental chemistry from the very first chapter
- Provides an excellent, easy-to-read coverage of a broad range of topics related to environmental studies
- Includes PowerPoint presentations for each chapter, a solutions manual and supplementary materials on general chemistry and basic organic chemistry for readers who may need additional background in these areas
- Offers an outstanding legacy appealing to a diverse audience