Landau Fermi liquids and beyond
CALL NO : QC174.85.F47 T835L 2018
IMPRINT : Boca Raton, Fla. : CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, c2018
This book consolidates the older and more recent concepts on weakly-interacting fermions where traditional many-body techniques are adequate. Targeting primarily the advanced undergraduates and graduates, the author has included plenty of examples and problems from contemporary topics of research.
- Book will contain traditional topics as well as modern developments such as the Kondo effect, dynamics near
- quantum criticality and physics of disordered systems.
- The subject matter in the book is designed to be understood by an advanced undergraduate or beginning
- graduate student without a prior background in many-body theory.
- Equal emphasis on qualitative, semiclassical and formal many-body treatments
- Connection between theoretical concepts and experimentally measured quantities illustrated wherever relevant.
- Wide range of problems at the end of every chapter covering contemporary topics.