Soft tissue and bone
CALL NO QS17 M787s 2021
AUTHOR Montgomery, Elizabeth (Elizabeth A.), 1958-
IMPRINT Philadelphia, Pa. : Wolters Kluwer, c2021
New in the Differential Diagnosis in Surgical Pathology series, this abundantly illustrated title helps you systematically solve tough diagnostic challenges in soft tissue and bone pathology. It uses select images of clinical and pathological findings, together with succinct, expert instructions and diagnostic pearls, to guide you through the decision-making process by distinguishing between commonly confused lesions of soft tissue and bone. By presenting material according to the way pathologists actually work, this user-friendly volume helps you quickly differentiate entities that have overlapping morphologic features.
- Presents over 130 differential diagnoses in soft tissue and bone pathology, including the most common entities as well as selected rare diseases.
- Provides concise, bulleted summaries of clinical and pathological findings and relevant pictorial examples on the corresponding pages.
- Expertly guides you in using hematoxylin and eosin-stained sections as a tool to better evaluate small samples, precisely guiding ancillary testing, and using radiologic clues for diagnosis of bone lesions.
- Features over 1,300 high-quality, full-color images of similar-looking lesions side by side for easy comparison with respect to clinicopathologic features and ancillary tests.
- Includes sections on soft tissue (Spindle Cell, Adipose Tissue, Myxoid, Epithelioid, Vasoformative, Pleomorphic, and Round Cell) along with those in bone (Osteoblastic, Cartilage, Fibroosseous, Fibrous, Giant cell, Round Cell, Vascular, Cystic, Pleomorphic, Notochordal Tumors, and Synovial).
- Ideal for practicing pathologists, pathologists in training, residents, and medical students.