Histology and cell biology : an introduction to pathology
AUTHOR Kierszenbaum, Abraham L.
IMPRINT Philadelphia, Pa. : Elsevier, c2020
Linking basic science to clinical application throughout, Histology and Cell Biology: An Introduction to Pathology, 5th Edition, helps students build a stronger clinical knowledge base in the challenging area of pathologic abnormalities. This award-winning text presents key concepts in an understandable, easy-to-understand manner, with full-color illustrations, diagrams, photomicrographs, and pathology photos fully integrated on every page. Student-friendly features such as highlighted clinical terms, Clinical Conditions boxes, Essential Concepts boxes, concept mapping animations, and more help readers quickly grasp complex information.
- Features new contenton cancer immunotherapy, satellite cells and muscle repair, vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in relation to cancer treatment, and mitochondria replacement therapies.
- Presents new material on ciliogenesis, microtubule assembly and disassembly, chromatin structure and condensation, and X chromosome inactivation, which directly impact therapyfor ciliopathies, infertility, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Provides thoroughly updated informationon gestational trophoblastic diseases, molecular aspects of breast cancer, and basic immunology, including new illustrations on the structure of the T-cell receptor, CD4+ cells subtypes and functions, and the structure of the human spleen.
- Uses a new, light green background throughout the text to identify essential concepts of histology– a feature requested by both students and instructors to quickly locate which concepts are most important for beginning learners or when time is limited. These essential concepts are followed by more detailed information on cell biology and pathology.
- Contains new Primers in most chaptersthat provide a practical, self-contained integration of histology, cell biology, and pathology – perfect for clarifying the relationship between basic and clinical sciences.
- Identifies clinical terms throughout the text and lists all clinical boxes in the table of contentsfor quick reference.
- Helps students understand the links between chapter concepts withconcept mapping animations on Student ConsultT -?an outstanding supplement to in-class instruction.
- Student ConsultT eBook version included with purchase.This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.