Professional guide to pathophysiology
AUTHOR Willis, Laura M.
IMPRINT Philadelphia, Pa. : Wolters Kluwer, c2020
Stressed and confused about pathophysiology? Time to develop your mastery: The newly updated Professional Guide to Pathophysiology, 4th Edition, is the go-to comprehensive guide that explains more than 400 disorders across all body systems — from causes, symptoms and diagnosis to treatment and special considerations.
The ideal on-the-unit reference, certification exam review or backup to classroom materials, this is the expert-at-your-side support that both new and experienced nurses, and students at all levels of nursing study, cannot do without.
Empower your pathophysiology knowledge with this foundational, irreplaceable reference:
- NEWcontent on both normal physiology and disease states
- Easy-to-follow, consistent templatethat makes finding vital information quick and easy — combines the best features of a disease reference with the best features of a full-color atlas
- Small keep-it-handy sizethat is ideal for on-the-spot reference
- Illustrations, algorithms, tables and text boxessuch as Closer Look images and Prevention, Disease Block and Multisystem Disorder icons that clarify pathophysiological processes and anatomy, demonstrating difficult concepts
- Offers current top-level findings on:
- Foundational knowledge — normal cellular physiology, followed by the pathologic deviations of disease
- Cancer, infection, and fluid and electrolytes
- Genetics — cellular/DNA components and functions, as well as tests, treatments, and care considerations for genetic abnormalities
- Diseases and disorders particular to each body system — chapters organized by body system
- Less common disorders
Disease entries that offer the pathophysiologic foundations and rationale behind focused assessments, offering causes, signs and symptoms, complications, diagnostic tests, treatment, and special considerations
- Chapter features that emphasize important concepts and differencesamong disorders and among patient populations, for accurate assessments and treatments: Genetic Link, Age Alert, Clinical Alert, Life-Threatening Disorder and Confirming Diagnosis
- Expert guidance and practical insights on providing effective care for both common and less common disorders
- Excellent referencefor studies and research in pathology, pathophysiology, and physiology — helpful for creating nursing care plans
- Concise, detailed explanations of all major diseases— reinforces and clarifies classroom teachings
- Easy-to-read, easy-to-retain informationthat translates easily from student text to must-have professional reference, offering students and new nurses the self-assurance to offer high-level care
About the Clinical Editor
Laura M. Willis, DNP, APRN-CNP, CMSRN, is a Family Nurse Practitioner at Mercy Health Physicians in